Chicken Korma Curry
- 4 Irvine’s Chicken Breasts, diced
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 21⁄2 cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp white pepper
- 250ml tomato purée
- 4 tbsps chicken stock
- 2 tbsps ground almonds
- 4 tbsps double cream
- 4 tbsps plain yoghurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper Fresh coriander, chopped Poppadoms, to serve
- Sweat the onion, garlic and ginger in a large casserole dish over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add all the spices and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato purée and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the ground almonds and the chicken and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked with no pink showing.
- Stir in the cream and yoghurt and adjust the seasoning to taste. Spoon into a metal serving bowl and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve in a bowl with poppadoms and rice.