Grilled Chicken & Avo Salad
- 375g flour
- 125ml water
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 7 tbsps butter, melted
- 2 Irvine’s Chicken Breasts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Irvine’s Egg, whisked
- Black sesame seeds for topping
- In a bowl, mix together flour, water and salt until smooth. Divide the dough into two parts.
- Roll out each dough ball into a very thin rectangle. Brush each of the dough rectangles with melted butter. Stack them together and brush with butter again.
- Roll up the dough rectangle into a log, keeping it fairly tight as you go. Cover with plastic and put in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place the Irvine’s Chicken in a bowl, add the onion, coriander and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces. Put each dough piece cut side up and gently roll out into a circle about 5cm in diameter.
- Place the filling in the centre of each circle. Dip your finger tips in flour. Bring two sides of a circle together, pinch tightly to seal and then pinch the third side to form a pyramid. Make sure all the edges are sealed well.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place samoosas sealed side down on a baking sheet, previously covered with parchment paper.
- Brush samoosas with the egg and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
You may also like