- 3 Irvine’s Eggs
- 125g butter, chopped
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 335g white sugar
- 115g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until melted.
- Remove from heat. Quickly stir in egg, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Set aside to cool completely.