Country Chicken Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 13/4 cups water
- 2 Irvine’s Chicken Breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, grated
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 sprig dill for garnish
- Bring water and stock to a simmer in a pan. Add the Irvine’s Chicken Breast and simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cover, then let stand until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and cool. Reserve poaching liquid.
- Cook the onion in oil in a heavy pot, covered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the carrots, celery, salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add the poaching liquid and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Shred the chicken into strips (about 2cm long). When vegetables are cooked, stir the chicken into the soup and serve garnished with dill.