Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
- 8 thick-cut bread
- 4 Irvine's Eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 160ml milk
- 80ml cream
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Unsalted butter, for cooking
- 80ml maple syrup, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries or more, to serve
- Cut each piece of bread into four sticks.
- Put aside. In a wide tray, whisk the Irvine's Eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Dip each piece of bread into this mixture, coating on all sides and allowing to soak a little. Shake off the excess liquid and put each piece of bread on a large plate or baking dish, repeating until all are coated.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on a medium heat and add 2-3 tbsps of unsalted butter. Once this has melted, place some of the sticks in a single layer on the pan, being careful not to overcrowd.
- Cook the sticks until they are golden brown on one side, then flip and continue to cook until colour is even and the sticks are crispy. Serve with berries and maple syrup while warm.