Mexican Scrambled Eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tortillas
- 1 tomato, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 4 Irvine’s Eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Roll up the tortillas in a sausage shape and then snip them into strips with a pair of scissors straight into the hot oil.
- Fry the tortilla strips for a few minutes until crisp and golden, and then remove to a bowl.
- Add the chopped tomato and spring onion to the hot oily pan along with the chopped chilli, turning everything for a minute or so with a wooden spoon.
- Put the tortilla strips back in the pan, and add the beaten eggs and salt. Using the same spoon, move everything about the pan as you do when scrambling eggs.
- Once the eggs start to set, remove the pan from the heat, and continue stirring the eggs until they are done to your liking.