Roast Chicken with Pumpkin
- 12 Irvine’s Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tsps fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 400g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 onions, quartered
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the Irvine’s Chicken Drumsticks in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 2 teaspoons of the thyme with the garlic, salt and pepper. Toss until well combined. Place the drumsticks on a wire rack over a large roasting pan.
- Place the pumpkin pieces, onions, remaining olive oil and remaining thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Place in a separate roasting pan in a single layer.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables in preheated oven for 30 - 40 minutes, turning the vegetables occasionally and swapping the roasting pans halfway through cooking, or until vegetables are golden and the chicken legs are cooked through. Combine together and serve with gravy and rice.