Crispy Deep Fried Chicken Livers
- 450g Irvine’s Chicken Livers
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp hot sauce, plus more for serving
- ½ cup flour
- 2 Irvine’s Eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups dried bread crumbs
- 950ml vegetable oil
- Trim the Irvine’s Chicken Livers of any connective tissue or fat, then cut the livers in half. Combine the buttermilk and 1 tablespoon of hot sauce in a medium bowl, then add the trimmed chicken livers. Marinate the chicken livers in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the chicken livers in a fine-mesh sieve. Place the flour, Irvine’s Eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate medium bowls or shallow dishes. Dredge each liver in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the bread crumbs. Place the breaded livers on a rimmed baking sheet or plate.
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 1 inch. Heat the oil over moderately high heat until it reaches a temperature of 180°C. Working in batches, place breaded livers in the hot oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the livers to a large platter lined with paper towels and season with salt. Serve the livers with dipping sauce of your choice.
You may also like