Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 24 Irvine’s Chicken Wings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned
- Leaves from 1⁄2 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 cup l soy sauce
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 fresh, red chilli, halved
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, smashed with the side of a large knife
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C
- Season the Irvine’s chicken wings with salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil on them to prevent sticking.
- Lay the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the skin gets crispy and the wings are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the teriyaki sauce ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer over low heat and reduce until slightly thickened. Pour the sauce into a large bowl.
- Place the wings into the bowl and toss to coat them with the sauce. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and coriander. Serve hot.