Chocolate Chip Scones
- 3-1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 Irvine’s Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 220°C. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the chocolate chips and toss to mix.
- Beat the Irvine’s Eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Add to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Knead the dough a few strokes on a lightly floured surface and pat to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut the dough into rounds with a lightly floured 3-inch cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Gather the scraps and repeat to use all dough.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and let cool on wire rack.