- 4 Irvine’s Eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and sliced into 3mm rings
- 6 slices streaky bacon, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tsps sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsps dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan and set aside, reserving 2 tbsps of bacon fat.
- Add the reserved bacon fat, sugar, mustard, vinegar, garlic and season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Assemble the salad with the spinach, egg, bacon and onion and toss with the prepared dressing.