- 2 Irvine’s Eggs
- 1-2 tbsps mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 tbsps celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives
- pinch of curry powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices white, wholegrain, or rye bread, toasted or plain
- To make hard boiled eggs, place a few eggs in a saucepan, cover with at least 2.5cm of water. Cover the pan and bring the water to the boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, remove the pan from heat and let it sit, covered, for 10-12 minutes. Drain the water from the pan, let sit a couple minutes longer to cool the eggs.
- Mash up the eggs a bit with a fork. Mix together the eggs, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and curry powder to taste. Mix with a spoon.
- Toast your bread slices if making the sandwich with toast. Put a layer of lettuce on one slice of bread, spread the egg mixture on top of the lettuce, put another slice of bread on top.